Incorporated in 1868, Crown Point is the county seat of Lake County. This beautiful city not only has a wealth of fascinating history, it also has an abundance of dining, entertainment, and recreational options.
Crown Point features a large variety of distinctive restaurants and two breweries. Crown Brewing serves up award-winning craft beer that you can enjoy with casual fare from the adjoining Carriage Court Pizza. Off Square Brewing features a wide range of dining options including pizzas, wings, short rib poutine, gyro-esque Greek lamb burgers and more. Both are featured on the South Shore Brewery Trail.
The square offers many unique shops like Toys in the Attic and The Artful Garden. The historic courthouse boasts many interesting shops as well as the Lake County Historical Society Museum. The "Grand Old Lady," as it's known, was erected in 1878. It became known as the "Marriage Mill" since Crown Point required no waiting period for marriage licenses. Many notable people, including Rudolph Valentino and Cassius Clay (Mohammed Ali) were married there.
Parks and Recreation https://www.crownpoint.in.gov/department/index.php?structureid=15
Providing health, inspiration, and education while enriching quality of life........
Crown Point Parks & Recreation is committed to preserving and improving the quality of life for the community through programming and leisure activities for all ages, as well as, providing quality and well maintained parks and facilities. Crown Point offers 19 Parks, including a Sportsplex, Municipal Pool, Skate Park & Seasonal Ice Rink. Please be sure to contact us at 219-661-2271 for any questions or concerns.
http://www.oldsheriffshouse.org/ Experience the history of events and architecture of this famous building listed on the National Register of Historic Places
in 1989. Tour our original facility and inquire with docents and historians of the daily operation of an historic house and jail.
Hospital: Franciscan St. Anthony Health
https://www.cps.k12.in.us/ Top Alcolades and Awards for Crown Point Schools https://www.cps.k12.in.us/cms/lib/IN01000800/Centricity/Domain/1/Top%20Rsns%20Corp%20Flyer%20Fnl%20%20w-o%20dates%20rvsd%208-5-19.pdf
Merrillville Community School has amazing attributes and accomplishments that bring pride to the students, staff, and community.
- 1:1 Technology (One Computer Device Per Student/Staff) Implemented K-8
- High-tech safety features including video surveillance at all schools and on buses
- Buildings and athletic facilities are modern, well equipped, and continually updated
- Athletics, academic competitions, band, and choir are highly competitive
- MHS Orchestra Indiana State School Music Association All-Music Award for the 2018-2019
- MHS Band Indiana State School Music Association All-Music Award for the 2018-2019
- Boy's Track and Field-2019 Regional Champions
- Girl's Track and Field-2019 Regional Runner-Up
- Nationally recognized AFJROTC
- MHS Thespian Troupe--Best State Ensemble
- Indiana AP TIP Teacher of the Year-Melissa Sickinger
- MHS graduates are attending colleges/universities across the nation, including Ivy League and PAC 12 schools
- Highly supportive community partnerships, including corporations and local PTO's
https://www.churchfinder.com/churches/in/crown-point Many Churches!!!
Crown Point Properties
About the Neighborhood
NOTICE: Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE